Monica Still Standing Album Review
01. Still Standing (Feat. Ludacris) (Produced By Bryan-Michael Cox)
02. One In A Lifetime (Produced By Los DaMystro)
03. Stay Or Go (Produced By Bei Maejor)
04. Everything To Me (Produced By Missy Elliott)
05. If You Were My Man (Produced By Missy Elliott)
06. Mirror (Produced By Jim Jonsin)
07. Here I Am (Produced By Polow Da Don)
08. Superman (Produced By Bryan-Michael Cox)
09. Love All Over Me (Produced By Jermaine Dupri)
10. Believing In Me (Produced By StarGate)
Monica Still Standing Album Review – The last time we heard from Monica was back in 2007 with an album called “The Makings of Me” where she was trying too hard to be contemporary.
We are now in 2010 and Miss Thang has decided to grace us with her beautiful voice on a brand new CD called “Still Standing” out March 23, where she seems to be indifferent to staying current this time around.
Don’t get me wrong the CD is not bad, no one sings about pain, drama, love, cheating and strength like Mo, but at the end of the day the album is plain and lacks that appealing certain something to make it a classic.
Despite having hitmakers such as Ne-Yo, Johnta Austin, Bryan-Michael Cox and Polow da Don, “Still Standing” sounds like it was made for the mid-90s. However there were few standout cuts from the CD that I really enjoyed,the old-school Deniece Williams sampled single, ”Everything to Me”, “Mirror” where she seems to be having a stream of consciousness, the sexually charged “Superman” and of course “Still Standing” which has uplifting words for all of us.
Overall it is not a great CD, but it should do fairly well on the charts thanks to her strong fan base and the hype created by her reality show/personal dramas.
Hopefully she will use her talent to come back and wow us next time with something even better.
Category: Album Reviews